Sunday, March 17, 2013

EASTER AND SPRING FLOWERS SYMBOLIZING REBIRTH

As a child one of my favorite things was to take a walk to Mr. Shore's house to see his garden.  I was all but four or five years old, but I remember thinking that it was the most beautiful place.  He didn't have a lawn like most neighbors, his home was surrounded by flowering trees, plants and bushes.  He gardened as if it was his life's work, it probably was in a way.  When someone pours so much love into something such as a flower garden, you cannot help but feel the loving energy that comes from it.  I know he planted a seed in me, thus my love of flowers was formed. 
I love SPRING!  The colors, the sounds, the fragrances all make me feel more alive.  The earliest spring flowers are starting to come up now and you will see many more as we approach Easter.
Pansies (Thoughts of you, thoughtfulness), Crocus and Daffodils (rebirth, new beginnings and eternal life).
Easter Lilies are said to have bloomed at the sight of Christ's crucifixion were drops of his blood hit the ground.  During Easter you will find Easter Lilies adorning church altars as a symbol of rebirth, love and the resurrection.
Hydrangea (gratitude) are beautiful balls of tiny flowers that form a large flowering head.  You will find them in white, pink, purple and blue.  There are even lacy varieties and hydrangea trees that make beautiful additions to any garden.
Tulips in a mixed bunch would mean fame or perfect love.  Specific take on their own meaning.  Red tulips for "believe me" true love.  Yellow tulips mean "there is sunshine in your smile" and cheerful thoughts.  White tulips symbolize heaven, purity and newness.  Pink tulips for caring.  Purple for royalty.  Orange for enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment